Honors Summer Academy - Admissions
Honors Summer Academy 2016 will run from June 12 - July 8.
HSA is open to all high school students who complete their junior or senior year by June 2016. We are looking for motivated students who demonstrate outstanding academic ability. A strong academic background is critical to success in HSA as students are taking university classes. A minimum cumulative unweighted grade point average of 3.7 is desired (A= 4.0); however, additional information such as standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, and your personal statement will also be considered.
Sophomores who wish to apply must have an unweighted GPA of 3.75, must submit two letters of recommendation, and will have a phone / Skype interview before an admissions decision is reached.
The University of Arizona strives to create an environment that understands, fosters, and embraces the value of diversity among students, faculty, and staff. Diversity encompasses differences in age, color, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability or handicap, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background.
Your HSA application consists of multiple parts. Only complete applications will be considered. The application includes:
Please follow the instructions below carefully:
Create your ID (OR use the ID you created when filling out a previous application)
On the next screen under Application Type, select “Non-Degree Seeking” (at the bottom of the list)
Under Term, select Summer 2016
Click “Start New Application” button.
In section 8, select "Summer Session 1" and under Major in Plan Selection, select “Honors Summer Academy for High School Students”
Submit the application without paying the application fee. Your application fee will be sent directly to the UA Honors College.
The Honors College portion of the application consists of two parts, a short web-based application and a mailed packet.
Then download, fill out, and mail the following supplemental materials in a single packet to:Honors Summer Academy 1027 E 2nd St, Box 210006 Tucson, AZ, 85721
- Parent and student agreement
- Completed and signed recommendation form(s) (one recommendation is required for juniors and seniors; two recommendations for sophomores)
- UA immunization requirement form (to be sent directly to UA Campus Health - see instructions on the form)
- OPTIONAL - if you would like to apply for a need-based scholarship, complete the scholarship application form and send it along with your application for admission, or send separately, postmarked by April 15th.
- Official high school transcript (in a sealed envelope bearing your school’s seal) including Fall 2015 grades
- Payment of non-refundable $60 application fee in the form of a check or money order made payable to the University of Arizona
Please note that all of these documents must be mailed together in a single packet, with the exception of the scholarship application form which may come separately. All materials must be postmarked by April 30.
For Questions about the HSA application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org